Moving someplace new means you are asked about your life and who you are a lot as you meet new people – and this is fun for me! I enjoy getting to know a new place very much. In the last few weeks I’ve been asked a lot of things – but here are the most common:
- Would you like to meet for coffee? Yes! As long as where we go has iced tea 🙂
- Where do you love going to dinner? Anyplace that has a pet-friendly patio and a great beer menu.
- Do you have a family? I am the eldest of 2 children, and I do not yet have children myself.
- Do you travel a lot? Work takes me a lot of places and my downtime is spent exploring California.
- Why do you want to live in El Segundo? So far, this is the quietest of the beach cities to me. I like the people and the chill vibe here.
- What made you become a photographer? A long time ago I fell in love with the ability to communicate without using words.
- What brought you here? Life changes and winter weather meant a move from Minnesota to California.
- Who is the dog I see in your studio? That’s Eloise. She’s part Mascot and part Muse. Full-time nap-taker.
- Can I call you Angie? Nope. Only my dad calls me that.
- How do you see yourself in 5 years? Hopefully with a margarita.
Hopefully by now people are getting used to my Texas accent, open studio door and huge laugh. It’s how I am – I can’t help it.