Decoding Package Pricing & FAQ (MINI SESSIONS)
Personal Branding is no longer an option, family images are how we communicate and self esteem in teens is assisted through positive self-image. Photography plays a huge role in how our societies function. That’s why it’s important to keep your family’s photos updated and your personal branding fresh. As a result, you are likely looking at mini photo session options for updating your family photos, your personal branding or maybe you have a student who is graduating from high school or college in 2018. I’ve been there. I remember sitting in front of the brochures and thinking, “I wish I could compare studio options more simply!” Now you can. I’ve listed FAQ here that can unravel the mysteries of photo pricing.
It seems like there are often hidden fees and charges that are not part of the package you are considering – and those expenses add up. However, you don’t find out about all this until you’ve invested time in the photos. Consequently, you spend more than you budgeted, and you are less than thrilled. I’ve been there, too.
NOT COOL. Am I right?
Here are some examples of extra charges & fees you may not see coming:
- Opposite to my policies, charges for retouching each image can be up to $35 elsewhere. As a result, you spend $840 when you buy 24 images.
- You probably will love more than one pose. Therefore, some studios charge an extra fee as a result of your 4 8×10 prints being different.
- Especially relevant for seniors and gradeschoolers is Wallet Prints. Some studios charge a premium for ordering different poses and fewer of each image. EEK!
- Finally. You got your braces off. But it was the week after we did your shoot, and, now you DO CARE if they are in the photos. But there’s a fee to reshoot.
I don’t do these things.
Much Cooler. Agreed.
Let’s see if I can help you compare your options. I’ve broken down the most common things
people have asked me about the mini-sessions I am offering this fall (FAQ):
- Do you charge for retouching?
- What does a session cost?
September bookings are $75. October is $100.
- What comes with that?
Your shoot, styling and direction and a thank you gift.
- What are your photo packages like?
I keep things rather easy, you can purchase 4, 12 or 24 images.
- How do the packages come to me?
I print your images & include your files. Mini-sessions get 5×7 prints with a lovely desk stand included in the price. Other items are available, brochure is coming soon.
- What do packages cost?
4 for $575 // 12 for $750 // 24 for $850
- What’s in the packages?
4 = 4 8×10 (can be 4 different images)
12 = 4 8×10 (can be 4 different images) + 8 5×7 (can be 4 different images)
24 = 4 8×10 (can be 4 different images) + 24 5×7 (one of each image)
- What kind of files do I get?
You get Color as well as Black & White for your images. They are full-size files.
- What’s a full-size file?
That means, roughly, the file you have purchased has enough pixels to be printed as large as your kitchen floor, without getting blurry.
- At the session, what is the fee if I want several outfits?
There is no fee for this. I encourage three tops/shirts, at minimum.
- I want to include some family photos, is that alright?
You betcha. In fact, bring the dog.
- What is the fee for extra people?
There is no such thing as extra people. No fee.
- Do we have to stay in the studio, what is the fee for locations?
No, outdoors is fine, choose places in our starting zip code. And there is no fee.
- I have a series of family photos that are large. Do you do that?
Yes. Wall portraits are available. Let’s talk!
- Can I send my images to the yearbook?
It depends on your school. Check with the yearbook advisor.
- I heard you make a video of the images, can I have that too?
Yes, you may. I sell the HD 1080p versions separately.
- What if I want to make a book like I did in previous years?
We can do that. I offer 8×8 books, custom designed.
- Tell me about you…what makes you do this?
As a veteran, service is at the heart of who I am. I want to do things for others. I’ve combined my gifts with my desire to serve – and – for 27 years have had a camera in my hands
making wonderful things for others.
The package most clients purchase is my 24 image package. I charge $850 for mini-sessions and this includes outfits, locations, a single subject or the whole family or both. Prints and the files are included. If you don’t like anything (this never happens) you do not have to purchase anything. Want to try again? Ok! That’s included, too. Rather, I don’t charge a fee to reshoot.
More than likely all these fees would make a package look like this: $35+(24x$35) + print cost for 24 images 5×7 $480+ cost of 24 image files $25×24
As a result, your grand total with fees and upcharges is: $1,955
Hopefully this has helped you to understand what options you have when choosing portrait packages. There’s one thing for sure, choose a certified professional who is insured and who supports your community and the local organizations. You will be able to see the difference.